Best ETL comparison : Talend vs Informatica vs Ab initio vs Pentaho kettle vs Datastage vs ODI ( updated )
Enterprise buyers increasingly see data integration as a strategic requirement, for which they want comprehensive data delivery capabilities, flexible deployment models, and synergies with information and application infrastructures. To help them make the right choice, our website TalendExpert.com will provide here a very intuitive and helpful article to compare between these tools :
Best ETL comparison : Talend vs Informatica vs Ab initio vs Pentaho kettle vs Datastage vs ODI ( updated 2015 )
- Informatica is a very good commercial data integration suite founded in 1993
- It is the market share leader in data integration (Gartner Dataquest)
- The company’s sole focus is data integration.
- It has a cloud version
- It has quite a big package for enterprises to integrate their systems, cleanse their data and
- can connect to a vast number of current and legacy systems.
- Its very expensive, will require training some of your staff to use it and probably require hiring consultants as well.
- Its very fast and can scale for large systems. It has “Pushdown Optimization” which uses an
- Not yet mature for Big data ( complex installation )
- Talend is an open-source data integration tool (with the full suite , ESB , MDM , BPM , DQ).
- It uses a code-generating approach. Uses a GUI, but within Eclipse RC, with an intuitive use
- Very large community , and more than 800 connectors ( the biggest connectors library )