Big Data ETLs : SAS vs Talend
- Talend is an open-source data integration tool (with the full suite , ESB , MDM , BPM , DQ).
- It uses a code-generating approach. Uses a GUI, but within Eclipse RC, with an intuitive use
- Very large community , and more than 800 connectors ( the biggest connectors library )
- It has the biggest ETL community and many finance companies and investors supporting it.
- It generates java code which you later run on your server / deploy using manual or automatic
- It has data quality features: from its own GUI, writing more customised SQL queries and Java.
- It can run on remote and on local and the jobs can be used as java executable jars independently
- it has a on premise and Cloud version
- its mature and up to date on Big data technologies ( i.e Spark, Hive , AWS ..etc )
- Fairly priced and has subscription model independent from your project size.