Difference between talend and informatica
- Talend is an open-source data integration tool (with the full suite , ESB , MDM , BPM , DQ).
- It uses a code-generating approach. Uses a GUI, but within Eclipse RC, with an intuitive use
- Very large community , and more than 800 connectors ( the biggest connectors library )
- It has the biggest ETL community and many finance companies and investors supporting it.
- It generates java code which you later run on your server / deploy using manual or automatic
- It has data quality features: from its own GUI, writing more customised SQL queries and Java.
- It can run on remote and on local and the jobs can be used as java executable jars independently
- it has a on premise and Cloud version
- its mature and up to date on Big data technologies ( i.e Spark, Hive , AWS ..etc )
- Fairly priced and has subscription model independent from your project size.
- Informatica is a very good commercial data integration suite.
- It was founded in 1993
- It is the market share leader in data integration (Gartner Dataquest)
- It has 2600 customers. Of those, there are fortune 100 companies, companies on the Dow Jones and government organization.
- The company’s sole focus is data integration
- It’s pricing model is based in credit and long term contracts also depends on the size of the project and the number of nodes
Please contact us using the form below for more info