Best ETL comparison : Talend vs Informatica vs Ab initio vs Pentaho kettle vs Datastage vs ODI ( updated )
Enterprise buyers increasingly see data integration as a strategic requirement, for which they want comprehensive data delivery capabilities, flexible deployment models, and synergies with information and application infrastructures. To help them make the right choice, our website TalendExpert.com will provide here a very intuitive and helpful article to compare between these tools :
Best ETL comparison : Talend vs Informatica vs Ab initio vs Pentaho kettle vs Datastage vs ODI ( updated 2015 )
- Informatica is a very good commercial data integration suite founded in 1993
- It is the market share leader in data integration (Gartner Dataquest)
- The company’s sole focus is data integration.
- It has a cloud version
- It has quite a big package for enterprises to integrate their systems, cleanse their data and
- can connect to a vast number of current and legacy systems.
- Its very expensive, will require training some of your staff to use it and probably require hiring consultants as well.
- Its very fast and can scale for large systems. It has “Pushdown Optimization” which uses an
- Not yet mature for Big data ( complex installation )
- Talend is an open-source data integration tool (with the full suite , ESB , MDM , BPM , DQ).
- It uses a code-generating approach. Uses a GUI, but within Eclipse RC, with an intuitive use
- Very large community , and more than 800 connectors ( the biggest connectors library )
- It has the biggest ETL community and many finance companies and investors supporting it.
- It generates java code which you later run on your server / deploy using manual or automatic
- It has data quality features: from its own GUI, writing more customised SQL queries and Java.
- It can run on remote and on local and the jobs can be used as java executable jars independently
- it has a on premise and Cloud version
- its mature and up to date on Big data technologies ( i.e Spark, Hive , AWS ..etc )
- Fairly priced and has subscription model independent from your project size.
- Pentaho is a commerical open-source BI suite that has a product called Kettle for data integration.
- It uses an innovative meta-driven approach and has a strong and very easy-to-use GUI.
- The company started around 2001 (2002 was when kettle was integrated into it).
- It has only on premise version
- It has a stand-alone java engine that process the jobs and tasks for moving data between many different databases and files.
- It can schedule tasks (but you need a schedular for that – cron).
Download full report here