Cloudera and Hortonworks: The Similarities & The Differences
Cloudera and Hortonworks: The Similarities ( Cloudera and Hortonworks: The Similarities & The Differences )
Cloudera as well as Hortonworks are both built upon the same core of Apache Hadoop. As such, they have more similarities than differences.
- Both offer enterprise-ready Hadoop distributions. The distributions have stood the test of time as well as consumers, ensuring security and stability. Besides, they provide paid training and services to familiarize the newcomers treading the path of Big Data and Analytics.
- Both have established communities that actively participate and help with the problems faced as well as demonstrations needed.
- Both distributions have master-slave architecture.
- Both have a shared-nothing computing framework.
- Both support MapReduce as well as YARN.
Cloudera vs. Hortonworks: The Differences