Big data distributions comparison : CLOUDERA vs HORTONWORKS vs MAPR
- Cloudera Inc. is one of the oldest and most widely known Hadoop distributions
- Strong client base and market penetration.
- Cloudera offers both its open source distribution, called Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop (CDH), and its proprietary Cloudera Management Suite.
- Cloudera provides proprietary value-added components ( Impala , Ambari .. etc )
- Cloudera is open source with just a few proprietary components, which minimize the risk of vendor lock-in and protects the ability to switch to a different Hadoop distribution at a later date with relative ease.
- Cloudera users include recognized brands like Groupon.
- It has a large community and partnerships
- Quick adoption for new technologies.
- Offers Trainings and good support.
- Hortonworks is a newer player on the market
- Hortonworks solely provide an open source platform and is the only commercial vendor to do so