Data quality tools comparison
IBM has headquarters in Armonk, New York, U.S. Its product is IBM InfoSphere Information Server for Data Quality. We estimate that IBM has 2,500 customers for this product.
- Depth and breadth of usage
- Mind share and market presence
- Enhanced information governance functionality
- Cost model
- User experience
- Ease of product upgrade
Informatica has headquarters in Redwood City, California, U.S. Its data quality products are Informatica Data Quality, Data as a Service and Rev. We estimate that Informatica has 3,100 customers for these products. Earlier in 2015, Informatica was acquired by the Permira funds and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Depth and breadth of capabilities and usage
- Business-facing interface and ease of use
- Increasing market presence and strong growth
- Unstructured data support
- Performance and scalability
Oracle has headquarters in Redwood Shores, California, U.S. Its product is Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ), for which there is the optional Oracle EDQ Product Data Extension. Oracle states that it has approximately 360 customers for this product.
- Broadening cloud data quality services
- Support for diverse use cases and multiple data domains
- Continuing strong growth with EDQ
- Pricing model
- Installation, migration and upgrade concerns
- Data quality workflow support
Talend has headquarters in Redwood City, California, U.S. Its data quality products are Talend Open Studio for Data Quality and Talend Data Management Platform. Talend states that it has approximately 550 customers for these products.
- Low cost-of-entry model
- Support for diverse use cases and data domains
- Broad data quality functionality embedded throughout Talend Open Studio
- Product reliability, performance and support
- Depth of product functionality
- Technical positioning and capabilities
Data quality tools comparison[/emaillocker