Denormalize – Unpivot logic with Talend
- Merge multiple row data into single row for group of data.
- This is equivalent tp tPivotToColumnsDelimited without using any specific component
- Highly performant job
- Denormalize – Unpivot logic with Talend ETL
- Unpivot / Talend component question
- Pivot Values to Columns with Talend ETL
for many analyses and applications, particularly data visualisation tools like D3, ggplot2, Tableau, it’s more convenient to have your data “unpivoted” or “denormalized”, Talend is a poweful tool that allows you to do that and create an automated process to do it :
in this tutorial we will do the following “Un-pivol” logic scenario which converts rows of customer to columns :
The job that can do that quickly, in this tutorial we are converting rows to 2 columns, so we do the unpivot logic in three steps.